MEdL(Hons) BBS DipTchg
International Accommodation & Marketing Co-ordinator
International Accounts & Hostel Administrator
Private Bag 2049
New Plymouth 4342
+64 (6) 757 3899
+64 (6) 757 3882
International Student Information
New Plymouth Girls' High School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from the New Plymouth Girls' High School or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education web site at http://www.minedu.govt.nz.
Health and Travel Insurance
Medical and Travel insurance is mandatory. Most students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand unless they are:
- A resident or citizen of Australia; or
- A national of the United Kingdom in New Zealand; or
- The holder of a temporary permit that is valid for two years or more
If students do not belong to one of these special categories and they receive medical treatment during their visit, they will be liable for the full costs of that treatment.
Note: Parents may wish to take out additional insurance for their daughter in their home country, but they MUST also have our Unicare Policy which will cover personal, health and medical, personal property cover, travel, and provide fees protection.
Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their web site at: http://www.immigration.govt.nz.
We take the care and safety of our students very seriously and have a team in place to provide support. The team consists of:
- The Director of International Students
- The International Student Administrator
- The Qualifications Manager
- The Deans of Year level, responsible for pastoral care and academic courses
- The ESOL teacher, dedicate to developing students' English language skills
- Other staff responsible for pastoral care are group teachers, the Guidance Counselor and the Careers advisor
Photos: © Rob Tucker